Soroptimist International of San Francisco’s
We are currently seeking LIVE YOUR DREAM applicants for 2019/2020
Soroptimist Int. of San Francisco’s DEADLINE is NOVEMBER 15th
The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards (formerly the Women’s Opportunity Awards) assists women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
Interested in applying for the Live Your Dream Awards? Determine if you are eligible:
You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in and/or attends school in San Francisco (Note: if you are applying for the Soroptimist Int of San Francisco’s club grants.)
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number. (This is required for tax purposes. You will not be asked to share this information unless you have been given an award.
TWO WAYS TO APPLY:
NOVEMBER 15 – Deadline when applying on the application portal at https://www.soroptimist.org/our-work/live-your-dream-awards/apply-for-the-live-your-dream-awards.html Be sure to enter your school’s zip code or any San Francisco zip code in order to apply for Soroptimist Int. of San Francisco’s grants!
NOVEMBER 30 – Soroptimist Int. of San Francisco’s club Application deadline for emailed or mailed applications sent directly to our club at email@example.com OR 236 West Portal Ave., PBN 352, S.F., CA 94127. [Note: our address is only a mail reception center; applications CANNOT be dropped off there.]
Contact info for the Live Your Dream Education and Training Award for Women Chairs:
Louise Todd & Lupe Garcia:
More about this program:
Each year all the clubs in Soroptimist International of the Americas provide more than $1.6 million in education grants are awarded to more than 1,200 women, many of whom have overcome enormous obstacles including poverty, domestic violence and/or drug and alcohol abuse. Live Your Dream Awards recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, such as books, childcare, tuition and transportation.
In addition to providing the primary financial support for their families, eligible applicants must be enrolled in, or have been accepted to, a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program and must demonstrate financial need.
The Live Your Dream Award involves three levels of cash awards. The program begins at the local Soroptimist club-level, where award amounts vary. Local-level award recipients become eligible for region-level awards of either $3,000 or $5,000. Region-level award recipients then become eligible to receive one of three international-level awards of $10,000.
Since the Live Your Dream Awards program began in 1972, about $30 million in education grants have been disbursed to assist tens of thousands of women achieve their dreams of a better life for themselves and their families. In 2007, the program received the Associations Advance America Summit Award—ASAE & The Center for Association Leadership’s highest level of recognition.